Welcome to my "homepage" for accessibility. You can view a list of blog posts about accessibility on the category index. See About This Site for notes about the accessibility of this website.
100 Days of A11y
I recently tested for a professional certification: Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC). Inspired by Amy Carney's 100 Days of A11y blog, I decided to blog my way through the CPACC body of knowledge as I prepared for the exam. Here are the resulting posts:
- What is CPACC and What Am I Doing?
- Let's Disambiguate Some Terms
- Theoretical Models of Disability
- General Types of Disabilities
- Disabilities, Barriers, Adaptive Strategies, and Assistive Tech
- Disability Demographics and Statistics
- Disability Etiquette
- Universal Design vs. Accommodations
- Benefits of Accessible Design
- Principles of Web Accessibility
- Principles of Universal Design
- Universal Design for Learning
- User Experience, Usability, & Accessibility
- Disability Rights & Accessibility Laws, Internationally
- Disability Rights & Accessibility Laws, Regionally
- Disability Rights & Accessibility Laws, Outside the United States
- Disability Rights & Accessibility Laws, Inside the United States
- ICT Accessibility and Organizational Management
- CPACC Review
Here you can find links to accessibility-focused newsletters, blogs, reference sites, and more. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of such resources. (There are so many out there!) Rather, it is meant to be my roundup of resources that I find especially valuable.
- Accessibility Weekly: A weekly email newsletter about web accessibility, curated by David A. Kennedy.
- Microassist’s Accessibility in the News: A weekly accessibility newsletter curated by Jack McElaney. This is a roundup of accessibility news from across the world, touching on both physical and digital accessibility.
- Accessibility Matters: IAAP’s monthly newsletter.
- Happening this Week: IAAP’s weekly newsletter. This newsletter is especially useful for finding out about accessibility events and webinars.
- WebAIM Newsletter: WebAIM’s monthly newsletter on web accessibility.
- T12T’s Newsletter: T12t is a Swedish accessibility group. They have a good English-language newsletter that comes out sporadically.
Podcasts, Videos, & Meet-ups
- A11y Rules Podcast: A podcast about web accessibility hosted by Nicolas Steenhout.
- A11y Talks: Monthly virtual meet-ups on digital accessibility.
- A11y Bay: Bay Area Accessibility and Inclusive Design meet-up group.
Do you use an RSS/Atom feed reader? If so, you can quickly add all of these blogs to your feed reader by downloading and importing this OPML file: a11y-feedlist.opml